St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation provides funding and support for research with a focus on improving clinical care.
St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation passionately believes that quality research underpins quality clinical care. We also recognise the difficulty that some researchers have in securing funding for new projects and the importance of providing the opportunity for clinicians to be involved in research.
The Foundation supports research on the St Vincent’s Darlinghurst Campus and the St Joseph’s Campus (Auburn).
The St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation grants are aimed at:
- Supporting clinical excellence through research
- Assisting researchers to develop research programs to gather data and enable eligibility for external grants such as NHMRC grants and government grants
- Supporting research on St Vincent’s Darlinghurst and St Joseph’s campuses
- Giving clinicians the opportunity to participate in research programs
- Strengthening the links between clinical care and research
- Providing funding for research to emerging researchers
2017 Research grants
In 2017 St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation has advertised the following research grants:
- SVPHS Ladies’ Committee Sister Mary Bernice Research Grant (Up to $100,000)
- Adult Stem Cell Research Grant (Up to $100,000)
- Tancred Research Grant (Up to $50,000)
- Kathleen & Ann Collins Cancer Research Grant (Up to $50,000)
- Thelma Greig Cancer Grant (Up to $50,000)
- Froulop Research Grant (for vascular research or researchers at the Garvan & Victor Chang) (Up to $30,000)
- Annual Research Grants (up to 8 grants) (Up to $30,000 per grant)
- St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation Travelling Fellowship (Up to $10,000)
- Multidisciplinary Research Grants (up to 6 grants) (Up to $25,000 per grant)
Please click here for a detailed list of grants awarded from 1993 to current day and the recipients.
The Scientific Committee reviews and makes recommendations for the awarding of the St Vincent’s Clinic Foundation Grants. The Scientific Committee is appointed by the Trustees. The Committee consists of both internal (St Vincent’s Campus) and external assessors.
Dr Sam Milliken (Chair)
Associate Professor Kirrie Ballard
Associate Professor Nicholas Brennan
Dr Louise Craig
Mr Philip Cunningham
Dr Warren Hargreaves
Associate Professor Andrew Jabbour
Professor Fran McInerney
Dr Karen Wallace