Vascular medicine offers a comprehensive state-of-the-art care for diseases of the circulatory system. This includes veins, arteries, lymphatics and the circulating blood.
The Department’s highly trained specialists provide expertise in the treatment and management of:
- Venous diseases including deepvein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonaryembolism (PE) and associated clottingdisorders; anticoagulation; and, chronicvenous insufficiency, varicose veins andthrombophlebitis.
- Arterial diseases caused by atheroma(cholesterol plaques), arterial thrombosisand embolism; inflammation (vasculitis); and,vasospasm disorders (Raynaud’s phenomenonand chilblains).
- Lymphatic diseases including primary andsecondary forms of lymphoedema (legswelling); and, other causes of lower limbswelling.
- Assessment and management of cardiovascularrisk factors that contribute to arterial andvenous disease.
- Perioperative and general medical care.
- Lower limb wounds and ulcers.