The Department has expertise in Oncological Surgery of the Upper Gastroinstestinal Tract and advanced laparoscopic techniques. We also manage a large number of non malignant surgical conditions.
- Oesophageal reflux surgery
- Hiatal hernia surgery
- Surgery for achalasia
- Surgery for oesophageal and gastric malignancy
- Oesophageal function testing – motility, manometry, ambulatory pH monitoring including BRAVO catheterless pH probe.
Hepatopancreatic and Biliary Surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic exploration of the common bile duct
- Liver resection
- Resection of bile duct tumours.
- Pancreatic resection open / laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy and bypass
- Management of acute pancreatitis and its complications
- Surgery of benign and malignant tumours of the pancreas
- Panendoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, oesophageal dilatation and stenting
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tubes, endoscopic management of GI haemorrhage.
(includes advanced laparoscopic techniques where appropriate) splenectomy, staging of upper GI malignancy, adrenalectomy, division of adhesions, appendicectomy and hernia repair.
|Fenton-Lee||A/Prof Douglas Fenton-Lee|
|Fenton-Lee||A/Prof Douglas Fenton-Lee||T 02 8382 6482||F 02 8382 6485|
|Talbot||A/Prof Michael Talbot|
|Talbot||A/Prof Michael Talbot||T 02 9553 1120||F 02 9553 7526|
|Haghighi||Dr Koroush Haghighi|
|Haghighi||Dr Koroush Haghighi||T 02 9650 4110||F 02 9650 4165|
|Lord||Prof Reginald Vincent Lord|
|Lord||Prof Reginald Vincent Lord||T 02 8382 6671||F 02 8382 6672|