The department of Podiatry provides a comprehensive service for the assessment and treatment of foot and ankle pain and disorders.
Podiatry is a medical science of foot and ankle health and it’s postural relationship with the rest of the body. It focuses on the medical and mechanical aspects of the lower limb.
It is headed by Mig Rees who has 38 years experience in the fields of both clinical practice and education. The aim of the clinic is to ensure you move better whether post surgically, for sport or general walking. It is important to have a correct diagnosis and treatment plan.
This service includes the treatment of:
- Diagnosis of foot and ankle pain
- Heel pain
- Pre/post foot surgery support
- Paediatric assessment and treatment
- Diabetic assessment and treatment
- Ingrown nails, fungal skin and nail conditions
- Corns and verrucae
Treatment may include:
- General nail and skin care
- Prescription and/or balanced off the shelf orthotics
- Shoe advice
- Stretches, exercises and training techniques
- Appropriate referrals to other specialists to complete a comprehensive treatment plan