Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology provides comprehensive 24-hour specialist pathology services tailored to the needs of the St Vincent’s Campus.
Our practice includes 55 specialist pathologists, who provide a diagnostic and consultative service appropriate to the requirements of a large tertiary referral hospital. Our pathologists warmly encourage doctors to contact them if they can be of assistance in any way. Pathologists are available to discuss individual patients and to provide information or advice on ordering tests, result interpretation, or any aspects of pathology.
- include specialists in all the major sub-disciplines of pathology
- actively participate in clinical meetings and slide review sessions with St Vincent’s clinicians
- perform specialist investigative procedures at the Hospital, including intra-operative frozen sections, fine needle aspiration biopsies and bone marrow aspiration biopsies
- are currently involved in a number of research projects on Campus in association with the Garvan Institute
- provide a dedicated central laboratory service for international and local clinical trials.
Our on-site collection centre staff
- conduct regular hospital ward rounds for in-patients
- perform routine collections for out-patients
- provide a 24-hour service for urgent collections
- record ECGs and provide a Holter Monitor service as well as Blood Pressure Monitors
- paediatric collections by appointment
Real time results – anywhere, anytime.
Webster, our internet-based system for managing patient results, has been developed to meet the needs of Specialists and Hospital staff:
- Internet Connection – is all that is required
- Available on desktop, iPhone or iPad
- Software – none to install-use your current web browser
- Secure – password protected encrypted transmissions
- Customised Result Lists – easy data retrieval
- Cumulative Results – graphs available
- Pathology Supplies – order on-line
- Patient Collection Instruction – print for patient
- Multiple Results per page – print/copy/paste.
For further information, please contact our Client IT Department on 02 9855 5454 or 1800 653 779 or visit our website on
St Vincent's Collection Centre
Telephone: 02 8382 6586
Facsimile: 02 8382 6588
Telephone: 02 9855 5222 / 1800 222 365
Facsimile: 02 9878 5077
Telephone: 1800 555 100