The St Vincent’s Campus enjoys an international reputation for its heart surgery, and the Hospital’s team of cardiothoracic surgeons have brought their skills to the Clinic. A full range of adult cardiothoracic surgery is available on the campus.
These services include:
- Pioneering robotic valve & coronary surgery
- Primary and revision coronary artery bypass grafting
- Conservative and replacement valvular surgery using both mechanical and biological prostheses. This is supported by a human homograft valve bank
- Minimally invasive coronary and valve surgery has been pioneered at the Hospital
- Extensive experience in beating heart surgery for Coronary Artery bypass grafting
- All forms of pulmonary surgery, including lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Heart and lung transplantation for end-stage disease, as well as an active mechanical heart assist program.